|[ artists ]
|T-Shirt - yvat / Black Moon - 'Subliminal Crush'
[ shop ]
patpong records • PPR001TS • 2007-10-01
|Front: Cover 'Subliminal Crush' - positiv version;
://>subliminal crush; video: black moon / music: yvat
available sizes: m, l, xl
yvat has released his first production, “Concert for Violin and Analog Orchestra”, on the label Experimental Seafood Records/
Together with Justin Wiggan from “dotb” and “geography of nowhere”, a new project “robotii nu se pot ruga” (robots can´t pray) was found and four different releases appeared under this name: “Camera Comuna” (common chamber), “Light Aversion”, "weird white feathers fall all across the country’’ - produced also by Experimental Seafood Records, and “20th Century Fake Book” - produced by UAVTAPE U.K.
One of the tracks from “Camera Comuna”, namely “flori crescand, mere muscate” (flowers grown, apple bite) presented Experimental Seafood Records on the “Supersonic Treats From the City of Birmingham”, released by Capsule as an overview of their participation at SONAR, Barcelona/ ES in 2004.
Mixing together Martine Viard’s astonishing voice from George Aperghis’s “Récitations” (1978) and yvat’s electronic textures, the release “Phonema” creates a well built acoustic experience. The album has been produced by La Strada Music/
The DVD “Subliminal Crush”, produced and released 2007 by patpong records/
His own specific well crafted sounds and textures are to recognize within the album. Constituting a strong, consistent and melodic atmosphere, specific to experimental IDM, even if these are combined with hip hop influences. Tracks are evolving into both sensitive messages and authoritative meanings, oscillating between opposite states of mind and gestures as it is suggested by their titles. A maturity work: polished sounds created using exclusively analogue devices, still preserving an extraordinary structure.
In everyday live, yvat is managing his own MediaSoundDesign company and implied himself in the sampling industry and collaborated with Power FX/
At the present, he is one of Power FX producers and his works can be found on the company’s web site powerfx.com.
|• Analog Orchestra, CD - Experimental Seafood Records, U.K.
• Concert For Violin & Analog Orchestra, CD - Experimental Seafood Records, U.K.
• Yv1: Fill Ins, 3'' CD -Experimental Seafood Records, U.K.
• Yv1: Mix Live, 3'' CD -Experimental Seafood Records, U.K.
• Geophone, CD - SubliminalTapeClub, Belgium
• Amusia, CD - SubliminalTapeClub, Belgium
• YVAT & CUT RAW VIDEOS, DVD - La Strada Music, Romania
• Blue Cones, 2X3 ”CD SubliminalTapeClub, Belgium
• Phonema, CD La Strada Music, Romania
• Cyma, 3” CD ,Cactus Island Recordings, U.K.
• Oar, 3” CD, Minor Label, Germany
• YVAT & CUT, RAW VIDEOS, Follium, DVD - La Strada MusicRomania,
• Chroma-G6PD Recordings, Israel
• Tear Duct, CD - Cactus Island Recordings, U.K.
• Subliminal Crush, DVD - patpong records, Romania
• Red, CD - patpong records, Romania
Releases under the name of